Monday 12 November 2012

The Cost of Beauty

Recently I learnt that the average British woman spends roughly £2,055 per year on her looks (and around £133,575 over a lifetime), in particular on hair and beauty. As a beauty blogger, at first I was shocked. So I decided to look at things from a psychology student’s point of view, and did some further research. To my surprise I found two articles (Daily Mail and Cosmopolitan) which both confirmed these statistics!
I have to say, these statistics definitely got me thinking. Why do we females spend this much money on hair and beauty? Did I fall under this category or was I on the way to becoming this so called “average woman”?

Let’s break this down further. As some of you may know, I have a YouTube channel and often spend a lot of time watching other YouTube videos. All I had to do was, think back to any of my favourite YouTuber’s haul videos and the answer was clear. YES! It’s definitely possible to spend £2,055 per year on hair and beauty products and I’m sure some people may even spend more!

So, the question is, are YOU ok with spending this amount of money? £133,575 over a lifetime...according to Google that can buy a 3 bedroom house! Personally, I think it’s time to break this cycle of spending.

From now on I’m on a mission, a mission to look at my spending particularly on hair and beauty products. After all, you wash off your makeup at the end of the day! Remember, “No amount of makeup can mask an ugly heart.” - Kevyn Aucoin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, so comment away! You can also tweet your questions to @UTUBlog or email uncovertheuntold@gmail.com.

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...