Stress! I’m sure we have all experienced it at one point, I know I have! As a university student, with exams and coursework deadlines just round the corner, stress potentially has the opportunity to effect my mindset and way of thinking. But not to fear, today I’m going to share some tips on how to handle stress in a positive way.
|Picture made me smile!|
What is stress?
Stress is defined as the body's physical response to a perceived demand or threat.
Are there different types of stress?
Yes, there are two types of stress. Eustress, this is GOOD stress. In the short term it’s like adrenaline, keeps you pumped and helps you to reach the finish line. Sounds great right? Well not really, eustress can quickly turn to distress. This is BAD stress, in fact distress is typically just called stress. So, how can you overcome stress I hear you ask?
My top ten tips for managing stress
1. Accept that there are things you can’t change
2. Manage your time wisely
3. Take control and make a plan
4. Stay positive and smile
5. Have a strong support network
6. Eat healthy and exercise regularly
7. Take a break, relax and have some “me time”
8. Work SMART, not hard (this is a whole blog post in itself!)
9. Think about the future and why you are doing what you’re doing
10. Remember everything is for a time and a season
How do you manage stress?
P.s my 1 Year Blog Anniversary Giveaway is still open.