Friday 16 November 2012

20 Things I’ve Learnt in 20 Years

Today's my birthday and I'm really grateful that God has added another year to my life. Since I'm 20 today, I thought I'd share with you 20 things I've learnt so far, including some of my favourite quotes. Hope you enjoy reading this post; feel free to comment with things you've learnt.   

1. Disappointments are inevitable, but the way you respond can be changed.
2. Organization is one of the keys to success.
3. There really are enough hours in the day if you plan your time wisely.
4. Start preparing now, "Private preparation processed public success".
5. Build your character, "Personality can open doors, but only character can keep them open”
6. Bad company corrupts good morals. The people you're around, the things you watch, listen to and read affect you more than you may think.
7. Positive thinking makes a world of difference.
8. Set goals, "Without goals, and plans to reach them, you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination." - Fitzhugh Dodson
9. Make time to do the things you love.
10. Stay strong, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent” - Eleanor Roosevelt.
11. You really do learn something new every day.
12. Educate yourself, "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." - Nelson Mandela.
13. Never let fear stop you from succeeding.
14. Motivation isn't a onetime thing, constantly re-motivate yourself and always remember to re-evaluate your goals.
15. Learn when not to speak and how to listen. "Silence speaks when words can't." - Author Unknown.
13. Before you can love and appreciate others, you need to learn to love and appreciated yourself.
17. Anything is possible with determination, commitment and hard work.
18. Timing is crucial, great things come to those who wait, so be patient!
19. Habits are easier to form, but often harder to break. "Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit. You are what you repeatedly do." - Shaquille ONeal.
20. Beauty is more than skin deep, "No amount of makeup can mask an ugly heart." - Kevin Aucoin. 

8 comments:

  1. Haaa I'm loving this although Zeph said we should do this when we reach the milestone of 25!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did he? I'd love to do this every year :)

      Delete
  2. I'm loving this post. I learned new things thanks to this :)

    http://edgeofjade.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this so inspiring and makes me feel more positive about life x

    http://printfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday to you Feyi :)
    This one's a good read. And really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you,and I'm glad you were inspired.

      Delete

I love reading all your comments, so comment away! You can also tweet your questions to @UTUBlog or email uncovertheuntold@gmail.com.

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...