Monday 3 June 2013

The Pursuit of Happiness || Monday Moments #1

They say love makes the world go round...but I think happiness might be our driving force. But what is happiness? Is it something that can be found or do we create it? Can it be bought or is it a gift?
The Pursuit of Happyness, starring Will Smith, tells the story of Christopher Gardner a struggling salesman  who loses everything as he strives to achieve his dream job and look after his young son.

It’s interesting that people find happiness from a whole range of sources, to some it comes from climbing the career ladder to achieve their dream job, for others happiness is found through their family, friends, and loved ones, whilst for others money is what makes them happy. Someone once said, “money can’t buy happiness” but is this really true? Can money actually buy you happiness? And if so is it the type of happiness that will last?

One things for sure, money seems to get you things.. have you ever thought what you would buy if you won the lottery? You could buy a big house, a nice car or an endless supply of your favourite chocolate. Alternatively, you could use that money to help others. Studies have shown people who spend money on others rather than themselves are often happier. But is this what true happiness is? If so, is the happiness achieved through either scenario the type of happiness that will last?

Personally I think true happiness comes from the little things in life (a little cheesy but true all the same). I think happiness can be found by being thankful for what you have, and for the good things in your life. For me I find happiness through my faith, friends, and family. I'm thankful for my health, good food and each new day. But that's just me, like I mentioned earlier happiness can be found from a whole range of sources.

What makes you happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, so comment away! You can also tweet your questions to @UTUBlog or email uncovertheuntold@gmail.com.

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...